Applicants need to meet a range of requirements to successfully obtain a UK EVW. Though there are no UK visa photo requirements, applicants do need to upload a copy of the biographical page of their passport.
The copy of the passport includes a photo and it needs to meet a range of specifications. Applications will not be accepted unless EVW UK photo requirements (for the passport upload) are met.
Passport page photo requirements for the UK EVW
The upload of the biographical page of your passport must meet a range of requirements. One of the most common EVW UK denial reasons is the failure to meet these specifications so applicants should ensure the following requirements are met:
- The image must be the passport page which shows the applicant’s name, photo, passport number and other personal information.
- The uploaded image must be clear and in focus.
- There must not be any shadows, flash, creases or tears.
- The image must be of the whole passport page.
- There must not be any other objects in the image other than the passport page.
- The format of the upload must be a JPG, JPEG or PNG.
The UK EVW registration process
It is simple to apply for a UK EVW and it just involves a few steps. In total the whole process only takes a matter of minutes to complete.
- Complete the application form for the electronic visa waiver the UK.
- Revise all the provided information to ensure there are no mistakes.
- Pay the fee for the UK EVW using a credit or debit card.
- Download and print a copy of the UK tourist visa and present it on arrival.
Eligible travellers can apply for a UK EVW between 3 months and 48 hours before travelling to the UK. All the information provided on the application form is screened using a range of security databases.
Other UK visa requirements
As well as the passport page specifications there are a number of other UK visa requirements. Applicants are required to provide specific information about their travel plans including journey times as well as where they will stay in the UK.
Children cannot be included on their parent’s UK EVW. Each traveler needs their own travel documents for the UK regardless of age. Adults can complete applications on their child’s behalf.
The passport details on the UK EVW must match the traveller’s passport. This means the same passport needs to be used for both the application and to enter the UK. Applicants should pay special attention to the passport section of the application as very small errors, such as missing or extra hyphens, spaces or apostrophes.
Travellers should be aware that the UK is not part of the Schengen Area. This means that a UK EVW cannot be used to enter other European countries, and similarly, travellers cannot enter from other Schengen countries without going through passport controls.