The vast majority of UK EVW applications are approved within 24 hours without any complications. However, sometimes a UK EWW is denied and there are various reasons why.
When an application is submitted it is screened and a decision is made. A UK EVW could be rejected because of mistakes on the form, incomplete sections, security or health concerns, or if someone does not meet the UK EVW requirements.
Before you apply (or if you plan to reapply) it is worth making sure you are aware of the most common reasons why a UK visa waivers are not approved. Here are some of the most typical reasons.
Mistakes on the UK EVW application form
When filling out the UK EVW application it is important to answer all the questions fully and honestly. As all the information is screened, any errors or incomplete sections lead to denied UK EVWs.
Even very small mistakes can cause an EVW UK refusal. Small details like misspelt names and incorrect passport numbers are some of the most typical UK electronic visa waiver denial reasons. Applicants should carefully revise all the information they enter to avoid these types of errors.
Tips to avoid a UK visa waiver denial
- You must enter your passport details exactly as they appear. This includes punctuation such as spaces, hyphens and apostrophes.
- The travel plans, such as travel dates, must be exactly right.
- You must provide the address of where you will stay during your trip.
If someone applies on your behalf, they must enter their own contact details as well as yours.
- Applicants are also required to provide information about their health and other background information. This includes sensitive questions including details of any past criminal convictions.
- It is essential to answer truthfully as the information is screened against several databases including Europol and Interpol.
Not meeting the UK EVW visa requirements
Applicants must meet all of the visa requirements or the EVW UK application will be denied. It is necessary to have a valid passport from one of the eligible countries and to pay a fee using a credit or debit card. The four eligible countries are the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, and Oman.
If you’ve had an EVW UK refusal, you can reapply. It may be the case that your UK visa was rejected because you made a mistake. However, if you enter exactly the same details your application won’t be accepted.